IT’S TIME TO MEET MADDISUN
Outside Investments In 2022
Maddison Keiver – as Maddisun – stands tall as one of British Columbia’s brightest young indie-pop singer-songwriter talents and will continue to grow as such.
Melding together a winning combination of indie-folk, soulful R&B, reggae, electro-pop, and classic rock influences (the best familiar elements of Sheryl Crow, Adele Adkins, Joan Armatrading, Stevie Nicks, Janis Ian, Tori Amos, Carole King, and others), Maddisun’s wise-beyond-her-years stories of heartache, loss, and redemption are convincingly projected through her brilliant vocals and winning stage presence. In a modern time when everyone yearns for tactile authenticity after a generation of forgettable digital ephemera, Maddisun is a sincere and magnetic rising artist who earns her keep onstage and off – and works with a considerable (and continually expanding) set of strongly crafted original material.
Comfortable either as a solo performer (accompanying herself on guitar or key-boards) or fronting a full band, Maddisun consistently delivers professionally executed live sets, whether the audience numbers 50 people or 1500 people – and said audience consistently leaves the show spellbound and satisfied. Keep your eyes on Maddisun; she’s not going anywhere but upwards.
Make no mistake – Maddisun is a True Talent who will remain active on the scene for many years to come. Stay tuned!
“Maddisun is the Canadian indie-folk musician that wants to connect her audience through songs that come fro the heart. Covering. wide variety of music, her introspective songs inspire self-acceptance and comfort.”
“Cranbrook’s rising indie-pop diva Maddison Keiver explodes out into serious artistic respect with her new album Self Reflections.”
” I thoroughly enjoyed our chat and look forward to her new album when released. She has given me a different perspective on independent music and the work involved in getting out there to be heard.”
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
British Columbia, Canada
Columbia Basis Trust and Creative BC
Maddisun worked and received honourable mention from Ferdy Belland, bassist of Bit Naked, and has a song (“Something True”) featuring pedal steel guitarist Matt Kelly, of City And Colour.
Over 19 years!
Maddisun enroled in dance and piano lessons while still in pre-school and achieved Grade 6 proficiency in her Royal Conservatory studies. She showed instrumental prowess starting from elementary school band programs onward and was comfortable with live perfor-mance even before reaching adolescence.
Her skills in songwriting, live performance, and studio production all flourished in earnest once engaged in the band program at Mount Baker Senior Secondary (Cranbrook BC) under the encouragement and mentorship of renowned music teacher Evan Bueckert (director emeritus of the Symphony of the Kootenays).
• Completed grade 6 RCM (piano)
• Toured Vienna and Prague in 2013 with MBSS Vocal Jazz Choir
• Received DogWood provincial scholarship for music in graduating year of 2015.
• Successful applicant for Creative BC 2020 Career Development Grant
• Recorded and self released debut album “Self Reflections” in 2020.
• Received over 200k streams to date for said album
• Co-Directed and produced official music video.
• Successful applicant for CKCA (Columbia Basin Trust) 2021 Touring Grant.
• Providing music therapy support to local elementary schools and nursing homes.
• Volunteering (by playing music) for numerous local community events and initiatives
• A member of local performing arts society
• Providing workshops for local homeschoolers in Slocan, BC. Inspiring young children to
begin their musical journeys.
• Have written over 1,000 pieces of music.
• Currently a self-employed contractor, working in the music field (including: Jingle/commercial
writing, song writing/ghost writing, artist management, branding development, music
• Moved to Ireland as a solo musician in 2016. Acquired a working visa and worked in Dublin,
Ireland 2017-2019. Busked all over Europe.
• Travelled to Los Angelos for music related work, performed and did an interview with local
• Played in Music BC’s “Showcase BC” virtual event September 2020.
• Played over 50 shows in 2019.
• Formed a 4 piece band, currently self managing the group.
• Booked over 20 shows already for 2021, as a self managed
– AVAILABLE IN ALL PLATFORMS –
MADDISUN ON PATREON
Maddisun has been constantly searching for ways to expand her career and connect with her following. Learn more about how Patreon can been a great tool for artists that want to monetize their hard work.
All rights reserved © 2022 by Maddisun Music
MADDISUN ON PATREON
In order to build a community and support her goals, Maddisun provides special – curated – content for her Patreon supporters. This includes exclusive previews, videos on her writting and producing process, music and behind the scenes of recording sessions, exclusive livestreams and merch.